Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 16 Modesto




Hello friends and family,

I hope this week was one of personal reflection as well as a time to learn more about how much potential God sees in you.

Conference Talks are the best because they are specifically for us from the mouths of living prophets right now. I studied the talk, 'Faith is Not by Chance, but by Choice' given by Elder Neil L. Andersen.   When we meet people on the street one of the first things we talk about is faith.  What they believe in, what they do because of their beliefs, and how they've seen the blessings from living that way.  Often times, I myself get confused that faith is nothing without works to support it.  Elder Neil L. Andersen said in his talk, "faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from heaven that comes as we choose to believe, and as we seek it and hold onto it."  One of my biggest frustrations as being a missionary is seeing people forget that faith is not sufficient by it's self.  What's the use of our beliefs if we don't put them into action? Do we honestly trust that our faith is going to stay if we aren't making changes in faith to come closer to God?  

This faith is what leads us onto this path to prepare us for heaven.  The gospel has 5 steps-faith, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the holy ghost, and enduring until the end.  Faith is first to get us going, but there is no way that we are going to be able to endure until the end without that faith to work in our hearts and minds.  Changing our vision of ourselves, others, and this world into God's vision. Elder Anderson nos dijo, ' The future of your faith is not by chance, but by choice.'  I thought about if I am letting my faith be led by me rather by chance.  I never fully comprehended how much this gospel is so personal.  You are accountable for your growth for your faith.  

There is no gray area, we are either growing or diminishing our faith leading us to grow or diminish our actions to return to Christ.  That's scary.  Watching ourselves just got taken to a whole new level.  I invite you to examine your daily actions of what you did to either grow or diminish that faith.  Make 2 lists.  Set goals on what you are going to do the next day to spend more of your time growing that faith than you have previously.  I promise as you fuel your time with the temple, scriptures, prayer, listening to hymns, you will have a burning faith leading you to have desires to change.  Nobody wants to change but I know that if we recognize God's plan for us and our potential, we will become a living breathing testimony of Christ.  Our desire will grow.  Know that Neil L. Andersen said, 'Using our mind without our heart will not bring spiritual answers.'

I want to testify that to be true.  I know Jesus Christ Loves us.  I know that our eternal plan is the only plan we should worry about.  I want to leave with this quote by Elder Andersen, 

"Faith never demands an answer to every question but seeks the assurance and courage to move forward, sometimes acknowledging, 'I don't know everything, but I do know enough to continue on the path of discipleship.'

in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

love,
hermana waters
xoxo



                                           Abby is so happy!  She found a Jimmy John's!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment