Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 28 Modesto



This week I learned a lot about why I am on a mission.

I thought I was here to only Preach the Gospel.  But something clicked with me this week that I would like to share.  
The past couple of weeks having a really loving companion has led me to think a lot about how she can love how she loves.  The first day she was serving me by making me whatever she made for herself.  Gave me half of whatever she had.

At first I rejected it.  I felt like she was over the top, and a little to lovey with me.  It freaked me out.  Up to this point I had felt loved but I cannot describe what begin to happen.

That is when I realized that I don't know how to love as deep as I want to.  I am learning more about myself and learning to accept the our pouring love.

To think someone can just love so quick is crazy.  At first it was weird but now I'm trying to follow in her footsteps.  At first, what was hers was hers and what was mine was mine but now mine is hers and hers is mine. At first, we were put together because it's what the Lord wanted but now it's because it's what we want.  

We went from roommates who were assigned to friends who wanted to be roommates.  

The difference was letting the Savior into our relationship.  As we seek to include the Savior we will find a greater love and peace.  Working together to strengthen our weaknesses is a blessing that we have as humans.  We have families and friends to help and support one another.

May we take full advantage of this opportunity.
In our search for happiness, we learn about the fruits of the gospel and how blessed we are.  In closing I'm going to share a quote from it. 

'We don't claim to have a corner on the goodness market.  Nor would we pretend to profess that Latter-day Saints live lives free of worldly care and concern. But we honestly and sincerely feel that God has given us something special, something infinitely worth sharing.'

Love you all,

Hermana Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment