Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 29 Modesto

Wind was crazy this week,and that makes for interesting times to be biking in a skirt.  Pretty sure I'm flashing everybody.  Thank heavens for biking shorts!

This week Gloria had her baby girl Sophia and she's a doll! We swung by the day after at the hospital and it's too bad we can't hold babies because she is precious.  As Hermana Maribel Martinez, Gloria and I gathered around the baby we couldn't help but talk about the miracle of life and love of God.  We counted her 10 toes (my idea because ever since Ellie I have to) and beheld her little hands.  It reminded me of a talk from October 'Discovering the Divinity Within' by Rosemary M. Wixom.  As I have been finding myself in moments of despair, I remember the moment with Gloria's baby.  I remembered of the beautiful invitation made by her.  
Looking out through a window, not just into a mirror, allows us to see ourselves as His. We naturally turn to Him in prayer, and we are eager to read His words and to do His will. We are able to take our validation vertically from Him, not horizontally from the world around us or from those on Facebook or Instagram.
If you ever question that spark of divinity within you, kneel in prayer and ask Heavenly Father, “Am I really Thy daughter, and dost Thou love me?” Elder M. Russell Ballard said, “One of the sweetest messages the Spirit will relay is how the Lord feels about you."
And how Jeffrey R. Holland  said, 'Don't give up... Don't you quit.  You keep walking. You keep trying.  There is help and happiness ahead...It will be all right in the end.  Trust God and believe in good things  to come.
Right now Gloria has a new baby and holds in her arms one of God's beloved daughters that just left his presence. But it's important that not only are babies children of God.  Let us not forget ourselves.  All the hopes we have for the babies, God has for us.  We still are babies and like Gloria has Sophia in her arms, God has us in his.  Let him craddle you.  
'Because you are His child, you not only need Him, but He also needs you'
Though a challenging week, one full of recognizing that divine identity we have within us. 
Love you all and have a great week.  you are in my extremely fervent prayers right now.
xoxo Hermana Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment