Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week 41 - Ceres, Hughson






 This week was crazy. Lots of emotions. We found several new people to teach while at the same time struggling to return and find them home. I am sad to see Hermana Pimentel go but looking forward to knowing Hermana Trejo better. We met this young mom named Maria and her boyfriend Efrain. Maria has 3 children and Efrain has 2. When we knocked her door after meeting her the previous week, she explained that we were her friends and invited us in. They explained that they met through work and although were dating, were not living together. In the end of the time spent knowing them better and sharing the Book of Mormon, the invitation we extended to Maria to give the closing prayer was accepted. It has been a while since I had seen that invitation be accepted in the first lesson so quickly and so willingly. As we all prayed-Maria, Efrain and Alejandro (son of Maria), she prayed fervently. She asked Heavenly Father that we would be protected and that she would come to understand the 'new but beautiful things' that we were teaching her. A spark of hope lit inside me after this long week of feeling like maybe God didn't hear my pleads or maybe I wasn't doing something right. I remember not wanting to leave her presence. As they followed us out of the house and walked us to our bikes, watching us until we were out of sight, I feel like that is why I am here. In my studies this morning I was reading in 1 Tim 4, I was reading and came across verse 10 'For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.'  We are out on the streets giving it all we got, not expecting people to accept us but because we trust in God. That there is a point that we are here. A thought that I lacked the the many days before. To remember the promises of the Lord brings me comfort. Jeffrey R. Holland said in the Broken Vessel video that after we have done all we have done, we need to hold to ''the Light at the end of the tunnel and blessing at the end of the day.'' 

Isn't the gospel beautiful?

Love you all,
Hermana Waters







No comments:

Post a Comment