Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Week 53 - Ceres, Hughson



Transfer calls came, I will be going to Turlock with Hermana Rodas and Hermana Trejo will be going to Ceres with Hermana Robison!!! We both are saying bye to Hughson.  It's been good in the small town of Hughson, I am going to miss it that's for sure. I have served in the same branch as Hermana Rodas before but never as a companion.  I'm excited though, she is super sweet and guatamalan.  All these native companions I don't even know what to do.

This week we saw many miracles and I have felt great love from my Heavenly Father.  I have been reflecting on Alma 17 as well as the circles of influence and concern (see below picture).  I hope many of you have already seen these circles. 

If anyone knows me, they know that I am a perfectionist.  and that I am pretty downright hard on myself and others.  This past week, I was able to meet with President Palmer and reflect on how I can better work as a missionary.  After much contemplation, the reminder of what my MTC branch president had shared with us in a leadership meeting came to mind.  That was these circles.  We have a very small circle of influence-the things that we can control such as how we feel, what we think,, what we say, and what we do.  Around that circle we have the circle of concern-things that we worry about but nevertheless are out of our control. Then outside of the circle are the things we don't have control over and that we don't seem to care about at all. 
I found myself getting so hung up on the things I worried about and related everything that happened wrong and that didn't work out to something that I or we had done wrong.  My circle of influence may be small but there are several things I can do.  These circles really helped me as I specifically put things I could change into goals.  

I want to say that if you don't feel happy where you are, doing what you are doing, then make your own circles of influence and concern and study the doctrine of Christ.  Combined, they are great sources to further feel the peace and love Heavenly Father has for you.  Agency isn't just given to everyone else but us too.  As we focus on bettering ourselves, the satisfaction here on this fallen world will grow.  We will arise from the dust and feel an awakening.  I know that God is in charge of all.  I know that Satan is going to work hard with us to convince us that our weaknesses are to great or by saying you've done enough.  I love Heavenly Father and in closing Moroni 7:48:

 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

love you,
Hermana Waters
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment