Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 9-Turlock







It has been 2 months since I entered the MTC and I feel like time flies. I love it here and am dreading March 23, 2017 already.  I appreciate all the love and support from home.  I hope you all know I love you and pray for you daily.

This week was another great one.  I went on Splits with the Sister Training Leader-Sister Carpenter and I was so nervous.  She is so intense but it was good because she never lacked the confidence to talk to someone. While we were contacting, we encountered (my first) a lady who told us we were completely wrong.  She said we were wasting our time and that we didn't know what we were talking about.  I was kind of bummed about the whole situation but now just isn't her time apparently. 

I used my bike for the first time to bike to Rocio's.  The lady who is getting baptized this saturday.  It's been a hard process.  She is having doubts and her friends aren't helping her. Her same friend that recommended the missionaries to her decided she wants to through a party the same day as her friend's baptism.  Of all the days she wants it the same day and time.  Rocio really wants to go to her party but we are teaching her the importance of priorities right now.  We are praying the baptism will happen this Saturday...

My companion Sister Alcaraz is a trooper, she learned to bike 2 weeks before we came here so we've been practicing using gears and stuff.  She's so awesome.
We had a person on the street literally run away from us on the street.  I can't believe it actually happened but esta bien :) The things we do for that one lost but prepared sheep waiting for missionaries.  

Funny story: my companion wasn't feeling well while at a member's house and they noticed.  Hermana Luna (the member whose house we were at) offered her an ibuprofen.  She took it and 15 minutes later I hear the word Oxicodone in the mix of spanish.  We ask her about it later because my Hermana started to act weird.  She said, 'oh yeah, I gave her Oxicodone'  I wanted to cry.  I get on the phone with our Nurse, Sister Gilbert and she freaked out at me.  I was in the pharmacy already buying prescriptions for my companion and I had the phone up to my ear, and my companion was so out of it.  I wanted to cry.  But long story short, Sister Gilbert told me to take her home and have her lay down for the rest of the night.  It was 6:30 and so we just went home, she fell out of her bed and hit the ground in her sleep- that was interesting.  I decided to make cookie bars for all the people that helped us that day while she slept.  It was a stressful day to say the least but she's alive!

We had a great experience in a part member home.  This family is dear to my family and we have been trying to invite them to church and become active.  The father was a Jehovah's witness then wanted to start his own church.  The mom is going through her fair share of trials.  We went over to read the Book of Mormon with their daughter Gizelle who is determined to activate her family.  Her father usually kicks us out of the house and doesn't welcome us at all- swearing he'll never read the book of mormon.  Well a miracle happened. He came, sat down with us, and read.  He said a prayer with us and has been so open.  Miracles are happening before my eyes.  We went back again and he even said the prayer for us.  Seriously feel so lucky to be with these people.

We have not been able to have a service activity opportunity yet.  We were on the phone with our district leader, Elder Graham just mentioning if he knew anywhere we could volunteer and he said no.  Not longer than 20 seconds after we hung up, Turlock 3 elders called us- Elder Brough and Elder Brower- and said they were putting a service project together for the following day.  There was a tornado in Denair-part of our area- earlier that week that destroyed multiple homes so he had gotten in contact with someone affected. We couldn't believe that we had just had an answer to our prayers.  We screamed for joy.  So the following morning at 8 am, 10 Elders and my companionship went out and cleaned up debri.  It was so special that they trusted us to care for their home they loved so much.  The husband was emotional and I felt so much love for this sweet older couple who gave us this priviledge.  What a great way to help out.

Well yesterday was crazy for me.  I gave a talk in Sacrament which was way cool but the night before I found out that me and Hermana Alcaraz would also be teaching the Gospel Doctrines class on the law of chastity but that's my favorite topic to teach so it was exciting.  We were just scrambling to prepare it.  Then in Relief society I played a song that only exists in spanish for the first time as they sang it and it went well.  But then get this... The sacrament piano player wasn't here so I played in the same sacrament meeting that I talked in.  It was good.  I butchered a couple of them but hey... I know that by stretching myself  I will become better. It has been awesome to be so involved in such a small branch.  I hope to live in a branch in the future.
Anyways.  God loves all his children and invites everyone back.  I know that this is Jesus Christ's church and through him, he is the only way.  God is ready to bless you.  To love you. and to strengthen you. 
Con gran amor,
xoxo

Hermana Waters







No comments:

Post a Comment