Oakland Temple

Oakland Temple

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week 46 - Ceres, Hughson



Well I figured I'd start of saying that I love you. We don't say it enough.

I hit 11 months tomorrow and we receive transfer calls Sunday night!  I think I am going to stay here with Hermana Trejo but we shall see.

I feel like this week was incredible.  Sure it had it's rough spots but overall, we found new people to teach as well as have a few investigators that have kept every commitment extended.  Now we just need to work on inviting to church and finding a way to invite members to accompany us.  It seemed for me that it had been a while since we found so many ready people.  We are excited to grow our love for them and teach the restored gospel.

I have pondered the word sacred and consecrated a lot.  When the apostasy happened the teachings of sacredness vanished.  Everything we believe in is something sacred.  I feel like I shouldn't say the word so much to diminish it.  We are here. We are sons and daughters of a loving perfect Heavenly Father.  We come to receive bodies.  We grow up in families.  We serve others. We strive to work out our faults. We make promises with God.  We donate 10% of our income to build up God's kingdom here on earth. We get sealed for not just time but eternity.  We have homes filled with love.  The gift of the Holy Ghost. 

As a society the word Sacred is not used very often.  I believe one of the greatest blessings of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is realizing that every aspect of our life is something special and consecrated to the Lord.  It's sacred.  Our thoughts, words, actions, and beliefs need to be in line with the purpose God has given us. 
D&C 104:65: And thus shall ye preserve the avails of the sacred things in the treasury, for sacred and holy purposes. 
Helaman is writing in the plates pertaining to the care of the records but I hope that as you read this verse of scripture, you think of the things above and how you can keep them more sacred.
Alma 37:14:And now remember, my son, that God has entrusted you with these things, which are sacred, which he has kept sacred, and also which he will keep and preserve for a wise purpose in him, that he may show forth his power unto future generations. 

A new mormon message was released the link is below, check it out. I know as we make every moment more cherished and focused on the sacred purpose of all, we will find joy and satisfaction in our lives daily.  I know that we will be able to love others with greater love, and understand our purpose.  I know that as we make our lives more sacred that we will feel closer to our Heavenly Father and our personal families.  Never forget where we came from and where we are going.  This is all part of God's great sacred plan.  This I know and leave in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment